MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Laura Jane Grace on Rise Against

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Laura Jane Grace on Rise Against

Post by itslikelectiveamnesia on Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:56 pm

so just scrolling through the lauran jane grace tag on tumblr and came across this quote:

“Is their revolution that they are gonna be poster boys for Peta while wearing Nike shoes? Cause’ I don’t fucking buy into it man, I think Peta is full of shit. I don’t know. I think a lot of their politics are opportunistic and self-serving personally.”
— Laura Jane Grace - On Rise Against.

just curious to what your thoughts are on it cuz i myself see those issues with RA, as much as i love them i even found myself wondering why joe was wearing Nike shoes on stage one day when they are against how the business treats it workers etc. (ans i dont want to hear a fuck Against me! and thats it. intellegent discussion people!)

__________________________________________________________________________________
“I’m not a religious person, but if I had a religion, it is music. Music is my experience of the divine. If god exists anywhere to me, it is in music. It is a holy force.” Hugh Laurie

“The sun only rises in the morning because Chuck Ragan kicks it in the ass and says “time to get up buddy”” - Frank Turner
itslikelectiveamnesia
DOMS Team
DOMS Team

Gender : Female Location : in fields where nothing grew but weeds

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Laura Jane Grace on Rise Against

Post by itslikelectiveamnesia on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:36 pm

wow. were an such an opinionated group here

__________________________________________________________________________________
“I’m not a religious person, but if I had a religion, it is music. Music is my experience of the divine. If god exists anywhere to me, it is in music. It is a holy force.” Hugh Laurie

“The sun only rises in the morning because Chuck Ragan kicks it in the ass and says “time to get up buddy”” - Frank Turner
itslikelectiveamnesia
DOMS Team
DOMS Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Splasher on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:48 pm

The thing is, sometimes selling out isn't giving up, it's a good thing (I assume she's talking about promotional deals and stuff?). What's the point of having a great 'rise against the mainstream' attitude and meaning in songs if the only people hearing it are the ones who are already rising against the mainstream? I'm sure RA have changed a lot more people's views on things than Against Me!, and that's not because their songs are more meaningful or anything, but because RA is much more smart with the way they promote themselves and their message. It's like writing a song about how bad chocolate is for you (stupid example, I know), is it going to change anyone's views if you only let people who already know how bad it is listen to it? No. It's the same thing with RA. If you're gonna have a message, you'd hope you'd want it to get to as many people as possible.

Anyway, I'll go cry in a corner now because I think AM! and RA got along sad

"They'll never break you if you're strong enough
They'll never change you if you turn your anger into
hope"

You are the best admin I know. Even better than GDC admins
Splasher
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by itslikelectiveamnesia on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:25 pm

i agree with what your saying and u even brought up points that i myself hadnt thought about. i feel like shes almost saying that rise against are sellouts because they are almost hypocritical in their approach to, with them being in the mainstream (wearing nike shoes, which should be a big no to them >:( ). but like RA said, and also u above, it doesnt makes sense to preach to the already converted. i personally dont think their sellouts because i havent seen any change in how they think and do their music

itslikelectiveamnesia
DOMS Team
DOMS Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top